Thursday, October 8, 2009

Goalie Tryout - Eeleen

As easy as a goalie's job may seem, let me tell you: IT IS NOT!!!!!!
I've always had great respect for goalies 'cause they're the last man of defense when the team fails to do their part. And when a goal is conceded, the feeling and the courage a goalie must have to pick up the ball from his/her own cage, sometimes it's unbearable. And after 3 hours of goalie tryout last Sunday at training, I have the utmost admiration for all you goalies in the floorball world out there. =)

Well, I'm not gonna leave much advice here 'cause I think Sham and Cynthia already did a very good job listing down the things one needs to prepare for goalie tryout (read their previous posts). And as for the skills and basics for a goalie, Leonard is definitely more qualified than me to tell you everything you need to know.

I had fun. That's for sure. =) And one thing I learn that day is that one has to have the passion to be a floorball goalie. When the passion is there, you'll be good at it. Same goes to all floorball players.

Lastly, I wanna give special thanks to:
Shawn - for giving me a chance to feel how a goalie feels
Leonard - for mentoring and encouraging even when I performed badly
Sham - for your shoes which life I ended. Sorreeeeeeeeeeeee...=(
and to Nomads & Butterfly - Thanks for giving me a great game and a good experience. =)

P/s: To the next person who's gonna use the knee guard, if you see a 1.5cm to 2cm hair stuck to your knee when you take the knee guards off, know that I'm not the one who "donated" it. It's from the person who used the knee guard before me. Shhhhhhhhh... No mentioning of names. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! =) Hehe.

Eeleen =)

No comments: